"What I saw in this place filed my heart with pleasure and admiration and increased my confidence in the people of our country that with God’s help; they will reach to the forefront in the march for progress and development. I pray to God to give them strength and perseverance and to make success their ally”.The words of late King Faisal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, during the inauguration of the Tide manufacturing plant
P&G’s history in the Arabian Peninsula dates to 1956, with the sale of our first brand, Tide, in the Saudi market. Shortly after, we joined with our Saudi partner Abu Dawood to introduce more brands to the region’s consumers. Our physical operations in the Arabian Peninsula.
Today, P&G’s brands are household names and are used in almost every home in the Arabian Peninsula. Many of these brands, including Always, Ariel, Downy, Head & Shoulders, Pampers, Pantene and Tide are produced in the region itself, in manufacturing facilities based in Jeddah and Dammam.
- P&G employs 1200 people in the Arabian Peninsula, at its head offices in Dubai and Jeddah, and its two manufacturing facilities.
- P&G’s Arabian Peninsula operations support the employment of over 9,000 people at suppliers, distributors and other business partners.
- The Arabian Peninsula is a key manufacturing base for P&G. We export brands produced in Saudi Arabia to more than 50 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe. Annually, P&G exports over $500 million dollars worth of products from the two manufacturing
- Winner of 17 Product of the Year Gulf 2013 and 2014 awards for Innovation and Quality
- “Best Employer” (#3) by Aon Hewitt, 2009, 2011 and 2014.
- “Employer of Choice” (#3) by Al-Eqtisadiah Newspaper & TeamOne Middle East, 2009, 2011 and 2012.
- “Advertiser of the Year” by the Dubai International Advertising Festival, 2012.
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award (reexport category) by Dubai Chamber of Commerce, 2013.
- Arabia CSR Awards (Best Corporate-NGO Collaboration, Best Project) by the Arabia CSR Network, 2013 and 2014.